Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nothing makes sense, not money, not laws

Temporary Dysphoria and Ennui: The song in my head is "Infra-red" by Placebo. I have been thinking I need a new face to my car stereo. We saw MacGruber tonight with _____'s brother. Laundromat guy asked if I was in a car accident. My bruised/ cut/ burned arm combo, all work related, was much to do with working while (over)tired. The. song in my head just switched to something from Gravy Train!!!!, the lyrics being "I like to get paid and have sex all day." Exhale, exhale. "Someone call the ambulance." Prose poetry. Baudelaire's poem about jumping into the abyss is better than the one called Abyss. I have to study Physics. Maybe this will bring me closer to the stories I want to tell. ______ and I discussed homonyms, and I understood my ninth grade English teacher a little better. I would like to research modern philosophers, considering fusty Martin Heidegger's invasion of both the Times books section and A & L Daily. I still want to be Doogie Howser, and Vinny is the love object.

3 comments:

  1. I named my blog after "Infra-Red." As far as murder ballads go, it's quite catchy. (The actual title, despite the LJ name, is "I can see in the dark.") ghg

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has dawned on me that this all already made sense to you and I have merely constructed gibberish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting. I had not made the connection, at least consciously, between the title of your blog and the song. "Infra-red" is catchy/ haunting, which brings me to thinking about the Cure's "The Catch." Construct and instruct to your heart's desire.

    ReplyDelete